Access to your medical provider is easier than ever with our telehealth services. Nasson Health Care offers our established patients the convenience of seeing your provider without having to leave your home – with the use of internet access and a personal computer, smartphone or tablet. Not only does this remove potential barriers to getting the healthcare services you need, but it also enables our patients to maintain regular access to primary care services and the ability to manage your health.
Our telehealth services enable you access to the following services:
- Meet and speak with your doctor: Have a live video conversation with your provider
- Send/Receive messages: Interact with your doctor by sending/receiving secure email messages as you manage your healthcare and consult regarding treatment options.
- Remote monitoring: We offer the ability to remotely gather medical data that can help inform your provider about your condition and ensure you receive timely care pertaining to chronic health conditions such as hypertension.
- Health Education: Our providers can also send to you educational material that will help you manage your health at home and improve your overall health.
- Access to minor urgent care and/or reoccurring conditions (examples include: colds, coughs, stomach issues, migraines)
- Prescription management and refills
We are committed to providing you with the same high-quality care during a telehealth visit that you would receive in-person. Not only will it reduce your exposure to flu, COVID-19 and other viral infections, but your visit also offers the following benefits:
- Convenience: You have the ability to address a health concern without having to leave work or your home.
- Travel: No need to fight traffic, bad weather or the hassles that an in-person visit might bring (childcare, time off from work).
- Accessibility: Telehealth visits often have less waiting and access to your doctor quicker – sometimes same day.
If you are already an established patient and interested in setting up a telehealth appointment, please ask the Patient Services Representative when you make an appointment.